Club Event Discussion
MichaelB
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: HMS Cleopatra F28, HMS TARTAR F28

Navy Arvo Sydney 5th November 2016

Post by MichaelB »

Well the Navy Arvo Run on Saturday 5th November can best be described as an eventful non-event.

A nice sunny day with howling winds and white caps on the water. Tony Page put his little runabout in for a minute or two. I put my two little RAF little plastic fantastics in for about 5 minutes each and watched them merrily bounce through the waves before I decided that maybe I should bring them in before something nasty happened. That was the end of the running.

Allan Pew put his San Francisco, 2.5 metres long weighing in at 28 kgs, onto the table in preparation to launch it. The wind was so strong that she blew off the table and came crashing down to the ground. As Al builds them tough, her damage wasn’t as bad as we first thought with various assemblies including the aircraft needing either re-attaching or repairing. The possible major problem being a bilge keel being bent and possibly pushed back into the hull. Al is now working hard to fix her up for the Regatta. Cross fingers, she will be there.
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: USS Long Beach CGN9
USS California CGN36
USS John Paul Jones DDG53
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Re: Navy Arvo Sydney 5th November 2016

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

we'll atleast his band didn't get tossed overboard this time!

B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: