Club Event Discussion
SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

Fleet Base Perth sailing Day.

Post by SergeSera »

Good Day All,
Fleet Base Perth has the bi monthly sail day Sunday 26th, and we were looking forward to the day as last sail day was postponed due to inclement weather. The lake water was up due to the heavy rains recently, some debris in the water, with Ardent snagging some around her Starboard prop.
Attendees were Rob, Peter, Graeme, Nigel, Bob Gilbert and myself. We also had the pleasure of Members Bob Hall and Sammy Keller attending, we don't see these members often as Sammy lives about a five hour drive from the city, and Bob has other interests.
Rob, brought down the Roosevelt and the Melbourne, I did notice the Melbourne do a lot of reversing, Rob did call for help from Peter to check the electronics at one point. Also in attendance were Darwin, Ardent and Toowoomba of the Grey Funnel line with both Bob's adding a bit of colour with their 2 tugs, Sammy also added some colour with his small 1/72 Clyde puffer. Sammy also displayed some of the aircraft models he is building for Peter's Carrier Constellation, he has completed four, only another 70 to go.

It was a great day with good company.

Cheers

Serge
Attachments
Clyde Puffer
Clyde Puffer
Seahawks and Hornet by Sammy
Seahawks and Hornet by Sammy
Roosevelt docked with Melbourne coming in
Roosevelt docked with Melbourne coming in
Bob Gilberts Tug
Bob Gilberts Tug