Club Event Discussion
SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

FBPerth-Sail day & Shipboard visit

Post by SergeSera »

Good Evening All,

Todays report for will be a little bit different as on Saturday 11th, club members were invited to board and tour the HMAS Adelaide which was docked at Fremantle for the week. The Adelaide was in Company with the FFG's Melbourne and Darwin and HMNZS Endeavour and and Anzac type frigate Te Kaha. The invite came from the local Navy liaison section -Thankyou Toni.
We spent approximately 2 hours going around the ship - an impressive piece of kit which has inspired a couple of the members in what may follow in future builds, there are a few photos attached to this report.

Sunday 12 sail weather overcast, wind at 15 to 20km P/H and surface of water very unsettled, first in the water is Ardent followed by Roosevelt, Toowoomba and The Osumi. Pete P also brought down the Skipjack Submarine. All ships take on some water, but Ardent has to go one better and reverses into the waves and gets a belly full of water (deck had been opened to conduct some work). The model was retrieved emptied and became a static display for the rest of the morning, got plenty of admirers. Sorry there are not many photos as myself and Rob were kept busy by members of the public stopping, asking and admiring the models - very busy.

Cheers

Serge FBP
Attachments
A few of the crew pose in front of the White Ensign
A few of the crew pose in front of the White Ensign
Looking aft from the ramp
Looking aft from the ramp
HMAS Adelaide
HMAS Adelaide
Ardent with Roosevelt being prepared
Ardent with Roosevelt being prepared
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Re: FBPerth-Sail day & Shipboard visit

Post by scott154 »

Sounds like a great weekend for you guys! Adelaide and Canberra are impressive ships and you guys are very lucky to have a great connection in the navy to get you these tours. Scott
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

Post by rritchie71 »

Hi Serge, thank god you got my good side whilst putting Roosevelt together.... :lol:
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

I see that your good side???? :sleep:
One day I will finish a ship.