Committee
Committee
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS VAMPIRE ( 1980 ) with pre 1980 armament additions
USS MISSOURI BB63 - post 1984 configuration
HMAS Duchess ( Post WWII ) Daring Cl Destroyer

FBGW Monthly Sail day 23rd April

Post by HelloSailor »

Hi All . Had a good turnout for this month's event. As I mentioned previously , had to change locations due to repairs being carried out at our usual venue ( Bonython Park ) . Weather was overcast , but NO rain , with the water at Rymill Park Pond a bit on the green side , with a bubble in the liner in one spot and a few small bits of tree , but otherwise Ok. I will expect Bruce ( B2 ) & Scott to have some input with photo's and also some commentary as there was an incident that I missed at the end of proceedings.
Cheers, Jim
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: USS Long Beach CGN9
USS California CGN36
USS John Paul Jones DDG53
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Re: FBGW Monthly Sail day 23rd April

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

A bit green! It was very disconcerting wading out along the raised section we use for a mooring area (It drops off about 12inches if you happen to find the edge) being unable to see the bottom!!

Here are some pics (about half of what I took rest are blurred as part of the camera has broken and is effecting the auto focus mechanism!! time for new camera...)

There was a bit of an incident just after Jim left with myself and Scott having a last run before packing up....I ran USS California over one of Scott's mooring buoys winding its line up around port shaft (and snapping its line back to its weight!) as I was trying to get CGN36 sorted, Scott was distracted momentarily and reversed HMAS Sydney into the side of the pond (hard...) causing some damage :crs: :crs: :crs: :crs: :crs: :crs:

Then we packed up........... :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:
Attachments
DSCN3951a.JPG
DSCN3956a.JPG
DSCN3957a.JPG
DSCN3960a.JPG
DSCN3963a.JPG
DSCN3965a.JPG
DSCN3975a.JPG
DSCN3982a.JPG
DSCN3983a.JPG
DSCN3984a.JPG
DSCN3985a.JPG
DSCN3989a.JPG
DSCN3990a.JPG
DSCN3996a.JPG
DSCN3997a.JPG
DSCN3998a.JPG
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Never good to sustain damage. Sorry to hear.
One day I will finish a ship.
glenhowells
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: HMAS Derwent
HMAS Swan (building)
HMAS Tarakan (building)
HMS Hermes (Hull being built)

Post by glenhowells »

Hi all I second Pete's comment sorry that damage was done. I like the progress being done on Moresby it looks very good possible Wentworth shield contender. Yes that lake is pretty green looks like soup yuk.

Cheers Glen
Seagoing65
My Ship Yard: HMAS Yarra 111,French Warship Le Terrible,Tug Rumania Britain sea going tug,Coastal Freighter Illawarra Aust,SS Ernshaw NZ

Post by Seagoing65 »

A good sail day unfortunate that there was damage hope all can be repaired,good quality of vessels in the water apart from being rather green hope we have success at our next sail day with no repurcussions of today ;) ;) ;)
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Post by scott154 »

As covered by most of the guys a great day with a good turn out of ships and members, I won't post to many Pics as bruce has covered most of that :tup: I have got some Photos of members enjoying the day and some of Sydney's damage :no: everybody packed up for the day but Bruce and myself still had our ships in the water. Through out the day the wind had changed and more leafs were around in the water then before getting stuck on the bow or props :crs: so Bruce and I keeped the ships close so we could remove the leafs if needed, the section we were sailing in was the narrowest section of the pond so if you did make a mistake you would pay for it in this area! Well as Bruce came through the Moorings he ran over one of my mooring lines and wrapped it around his prop shaft with the bouy banging against his hull I took my attention off Sydney for a brief moment then BANG :oops1: She had reversed into the wall full power damaging the rear of the hull, rear quarter deck, Helo deck, Broke the top section of the mast off losing some radar parts and the lightning rod off the top, losing one of the Helo alinement lights of the hanger and Bridge wing floor grating aswell :no: She is looking a little sad but nothing like some rework to keep me happy lol, thats what you get when you don't go sailing for 5 months. Other then that mishap it was a great day. Scott
Attachments
IMG_7230.jpg
IMG_7229.jpg
IMG_7227.jpg
IMG_7226.jpg
IMG_7225.jpg
IMG_7222.jpg
IMG_7220.jpg
IMG_7209.jpg
IMG_7206.jpg
IMG_7202.jpg
IMG_7201.jpg
IMG_7175.jpg
IMG_7231.jpg
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
USS California CGN36
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

Scott also had a couple of successful missile firings with a direct hit on Geoff's I-53!!

B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Post by scott154 »

Have uploaded a video of some sailing from Rymill Park https://youtu.be/I-HkhFBYHeMScott
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

Nice Video Scott :tup:

Looks like you Guys had a great day.

Regarding the LCS, has she got waterjets, and if so, are they home-made or commercially available units (if so, what make)?

Nige
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
USS California CGN36
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

littoralcombat wrote:Nice Video Scott :tup:

Looks like you Guys had a great day.

Regarding the LCS, has she got waterjets, and if so, are they home-made or commercially available units (if so, what make)?

Nige
Nick scratchbuilt her quad jetdrive out of a block of Acrylic drilling out the tunnels and after a lot of testing settled on a pair of 2 bladed race props per shaft (slightly trimmed to fit tubes)back to back forming a impeller drive is 4x 550 size motors on 14.4 volts (I think...).

Used to have a heap of pics of motor setup and everything but it went poof! in the great PC crash 18months (or so) ago.

Bruce B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

PS U should see the beast he is working on at the moment....Aluminum again but he's building it arse about....from the top down!! Superstructure first then the hull. Wish I had some pix.....
scott154
Club Member
Club Member

Post by scott154 »

Here is a SneakyPix of Nicks insane work! Scott
Attachments
IMG_7254.JPG
RussF172
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Hunter Central
My Ship Yard: USS WINSTON S. CHURCHILL (DDG-81)
HMAS HOBART (DDGH-39)
HMAS CANBERRA (LHD-02)
HMAS ADELAIDE (FFG-01 - 1990)
HMAS HUNTER (FFG-???)
HMAS ARUNTA (FFH-151)
HMAS BRISBANE (DDG-41) Perth Class Post Mod.
WRS RUSHCUTTER (A-51) Weapon Recovery/Training/Drone launch ship

Post by RussF172 »

Sorry to hear about the damage Scott. I know you'd much rather be building new than repairing the old. It shouldn't take long to repair by the looks.