Club Event Discussion
SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

FBPerth-Sail day May 7th

Post by SergeSera »

Good Evening All,

A report on todays proceedings in Perth, a gorgeous day for sailing Sun and temp 24 climbing to 28 and some breeze which unsettled the surface of the water somewhat nothing to serious. http://taskforce72.org/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=2#
Ships that came a sailing were Roosevelt-Rob, Darwin-Pete, Nige-Toowoomba, Ardent-Serge and a big welcome surprise HMS Arrow-Graeme. Andrew also came down to say hello and have a chat but couldn't stay as he had children commitments - good club member thanks mate. Arrow has been in dry dock for some considerable time as Graeme undertook some enhancement of the Model. The 21 Club was back.
Rob brought his floating dock along and both Roosevelt and Ardent were tied up to it - I think the models look great.
All models had no issues with the slight chop, with both 21's heeling over with the slight breeze- but they always do that.

Arrow's first sail was a great success with the only issue was some water coming in through the stabilisers tubes, easily remedied, Graeme has tidied up the interior of the hull, which looks clean and efficient. A always there was a lot of interest from the passing public, and Graeme spent a lot of time talking to a couple of young boys and their mums about his model.
Rob will be submitting a small article on the recent WASMEX (WA Scale Model Expo) exhibition. The T72 exhibition attracted a lot of interest and possibly some new members.. I will let Rob tell the story.
Attached are some photos of todays sailing but I believe Rob will also post a small video clip of the Ardent and Arrow sailing in Company.

it was a great day and before we new it it was way past 12 noon - a lot of us could have stayed all day, thats what happens when you have good days and great mates

Till next time Cheers
Serge
Attachments
The 21 Club Ardent & Arrow following
The 21 Club Ardent & Arrow following
The Anchorage
The Anchorage
Arrow heeling to port
Arrow heeling to port
Darwin entering the anchorage
Darwin entering the anchorage
Arrow taking on the Conditions at speed
Arrow taking on the Conditions at speed
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Re: FBPerth-Sail day May 7th

Post by scott154 »

Serge, love your reports and posts of FBP's sailing days! Beautiful place and models :boats: :boats: thanks for sharing. Scott
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

Post by rritchie71 »

Hi Serge, have the video, just got to find some new software, Apple no longer does quicktime, which was great for editing off a phone.

Cheers
SergeSera
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

Post by SergeSera »

scott154 wrote:Serge, love your reports and posts of FBP's sailing days! Beautiful place and models :boats: :boats: thanks for sharing. Scott
Scott, thanks for the feedback - Happy sailing
Regards Serge