Committee
Committee
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS VAMPIRE ( 1980 ) with pre 1980 armament additions
USS MISSOURI BB63 - post 1984 configuration
HMAS Duchess ( Post WWII ) Daring Cl Destroyer

FBGW Monthly Sail day 28th May 2017

Post by HelloSailor »

Hi All , Just letting you all know that we are back using Bonython Park Pond after not having it available for our monthly event due to contractors damaging the liner back in February during their annual clean. Has now finally been repaired and refilled for this months' sail on Sunday 28th.
Cheers, Jim
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Re: FBGW Monthly Sail day 28th May 2017

Post by scott154 »

Good evening all, today we had our monthly sailday at Bonython Park with a Wintery 16 degrees and showers. I left home this morning with sun shine and blue skies thinking that they got the forecast wrong! Sweet! yeah right it was short lived and with black skies and rain moving in we still had the die hards arrive at the pond,with a total of 9 members showing up with only 5 ships hitting the water for a very short time :no: We had all arrived and had a chat about should we stay or leave? but we could see small pockets of white clouds and blue sky :lol: did I say very small pockets! So with that some boats were pulled out of their warm dry possies in the car and placed out into the cold abyss and subjected to heavy showers :no: A couple of times we needed to take refuge in my Van from the bleak weather! all having a great laugh at how quick and how many guys we could fit in the van :lol1: Great times and good laughs thats what makes this a great hobby. We had one of our new members Rob come today with a Tug that he has scratched built (not 72) but very cool with some very nice work done, Great to see Rob. Mike had Le Terrible out after her repairs and his latest build HMAS Yarra with HMAS Startyabastard making a guest appearance great to see Tom! And Garibaldi dragged off the builders table for a very wet run, other models did come down but did not face the wintery conditions. Very unusual for B2 not to be at a sail day but when I spoke to Bruce he sounded like death warmed up! Get better soon mate :tdown: Scott
Attachments
Rob's scratched built tug.jpg
LE Terrible.jpg
LE Terrible Sailing.jpg
HMAS Yarra.jpg
HMAS Yarra 4.jpg
HMAS Yarra 3.jpg
HMAS Yarra 2.jpg
HMAS SYB.jpg
Garibaldi.jpg
Garibaldi being loaded.jpg
Garibaldi at her mooring.jpg
Garibaldi 551.jpg
Club members.jpg
Club members hiding.jpg
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Post by scott154 »

Thanks to Bruce Petrie for the photos! Top job mate. Scott
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: USS Long Beach CGN9
USS California CGN36
USS John Paul Jones DDG53
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

Good job guys!!

I had planned to be there but a pesky chest infection had me coughing a lung up (still getting rid of it but its getting better)

B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: