SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

FB-Perth Sail Day

Post by SergeSera »

Good Morning All,

Sailing Day report from the West,

First order of business clear the anchorage of weed which has drifted from the deeper water, has been bad this year.
It was a great day here at Jackadder, sailing conditions a slight breeze to ruffle the water.
There were some issues with weed wrapping around shafts and rudders but it has been worse in the past, nothing worse than your model going flat out then suddenly not going at all, then limping back to the anchorage to remove the weed.

Skippers in attendance were Bob Hall with the tug Fairmount Alpine, Nige & Graeme with Toowoomba, Rob R with Peter the Great,
Andrew with INS Kirpan, me (Serge with Ardent) and Bob Gilbert with the "Bismarck". Another member Tony Humphries also drove 2 1/2 hrs to visit.
Sailing saw both Bismarck and Peter the Great sail in company, coming very close to Darwin at anchor, the other frigates stayed out of the way.

Morning tea with an Aussie favourite "chocolate lamingtons" very enjoyable with good company.

We undertook OOW manoeuvres for a while, needless to say we will keep practising, most of us went where were supposed to steer, every now and then the frigates put throttles to 100% when Bismarck was in the same space as Bismarck doesn't stop all that quickly, a lot of laughs, we did have an audience one can only wonder what they thought of the "manoeuvres".

I only took a couple of photos, as we were all having having a good sail.

Till next time - good sailing

Serge
Attachments
The "Bismarck"
The "Bismarck"
Bismarck at rest
Bismarck at rest
Bismarck & Peter the Great thunder past Darwin
Bismarck & Peter the Great thunder past Darwin
Bismarck & Peter the Great in company
Bismarck & Peter the Great in company
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Re: FB-Perth Sail Day

Post by littoralcombat »

Could of sworn Darwins Skipper was also there, making light work of the Lamingtons :D
It was certainly an awesome day, one of the best I can remember, although Glen (Hermes) was sorely missed.
Nige
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

I think that was the Anzac skippers. I just had a double chair to keep the lamingtons close to those skippers. :yes:
One day I will finish a ship.
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Oh and here is a short video. You will have to cut and paste to your web browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMuIpLn0v7o
One day I will finish a ship.