FBP - Fremantle Maritime Day

Club Event Discussion
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

FBP - Fremantle Maritime Day

Post by rritchie71 »

Saturday 4th Nov was FBP’s annual display at Fremantle Maritime Day. It’s a big day for us, a family day all about ships run by the RAN and the Fremantle Port Authority. As usual, the weather was great, with plenty on display to look at.

The Perth membership put on a good display with a nice mix of models great and small, adding up to approx 20m of models for the public to look at.
Pete Pawlete – USS Constellation and USS Scorpion
Robert Ritchie – Peter the Great.
Glen Howells – HMS Hermes.
Andrew Kemp – JMSDF Osumi and HNLMS Tromp.
Nigel Rockey – HMAS Toowoomba.
Sam Keller – Clyde puffer.

A big thank you to the guys who put in the time preparing, unpacking, answering all the questions and then packing it all up again at the end of the day.

Cheers

Robert
Attachments
public
public
Peter the Great
Peter the Great
Peter the Great detail
Peter the Great detail
Osumi well deck with LCAC
Osumi well deck with LCAC
Tromp flight deck
Tromp flight deck
Tromp detail
Tromp detail
HMS Hermes
HMS Hermes
Clyde puffer
Clyde puffer
Hermes detail
Hermes detail
Setting up
Setting up
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Re: FBP - Fremantle Maritime Day

Post by scott154 »

Great display guys with some impressive vessels. We would love to do a maritime display with the navy or AWD but not in Adelaide :no: :no: Scott
glenhowells
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: HMAS Derwent
HMAS Swan (building)
HMAS Tarakan (building)
HMS Hermes (Hull being built)

Re: FBP - Fremantle Maritime Day

Post by glenhowells »

Hi Scott
As we all know Fleet base west is just down the coast from Fremantle and it is our second largest fleet base.But as the navy are part sponsors of the maritime day it's disappointing that only a submarine that is not open to the public. No surface ship has attended for the last 3 years. This is the perfect place and day for the navy to get there next victims i mean recruits. We will see what happens next year. And yes i understand ships in refit and on deployment take priority than a PR day. But we did have a good day
Cheers Glen