Club Event Discussion
SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

Sail Day Fleet base - Perth

Post by SergeSera »

Good Evening All,

First of all I would like to congratulate all the team at the Regatta - I am enjoying the photos and becoming extremely jealous, If I save my pennies I might come visit. :clap: :tup:

The report from Fleet Base –Perth Sail Day
Sunday 26th November, the venue Jackadder Lake
Weather conditions a slight breeze, with some cloud – water conditions were not to bad, but the water conditions improved as the morning wore on.
Skippers in attendance Andrew with HNLMS Tromp, Nige with HMAS Toowoomba, Rob with USS Roosevelt, Peter with submarine USS Scorpion, and Serge (me) with HMS Brilliant F90. Richard K also came down and gave us moral support.
This is Brilliants maiden sail at a club sail day as the photos shows she is very incomplete, minus hangar structure – I was testing the propulsion system, ballasting and trim, she a couple of little issues but easily rectified, she handled the conditions very well.
The day’s sail had no set program; we just put the models in the water and sailed, joked, discussed and generally had a good time. Pete is really getting the hang of driving the Scorpion and when Scorpion is on the bank he seems to attract a lot of attention.
We did have some nervous moments when Brilliant went from flat out to dead stop, Tug Argus was dispatched, Tromp and Toowoomba hung around making sure Brilliant did not drift to far away, at one stage even tug Argus had to give up due to issues, in the end we let Brilliant drift to the reeds where I waded in and cleared the metre long trail of weed wrapped around the props, Peter then skippered her back to the anchorage, Argus also had weed issues. As it gets warmer and the levels of the lake decreases the weeds are become more of an issue – will be speaking to the Council about it.
A big Hi to Graeme, missed you mate.
That is all from us here in the West
Enjoy the photos
Cheers
Serge
Attachments
Brilliant on her first outing
Brilliant on her first outing
Brilliant cruising past
Brilliant cruising past
Scorpion cruising
Scorpion cruising