My Ship Yard: HMS Manchester
HMS Charybdis
INS Kirpan
HMAS Hammersley
HNLMS Tromp
USS Long Beach

Fleet Base Perth - Sail Day 12 August 2018

Post by PearlHarbour52 »

Perfect weather presented itself on Sunday with clear skies and no black clouds in sight for a change.
Members that attended were Nigel (HMAS Toowoomba), Pete (USS Skipjack), Glen (HMS Hermes) Graeme, Sammy and also Rob Ritchie that was visiting the west from Sydney for a week.

Glen's ever impressive HMS Hermes is continue to embark more and more of its air detachment each week and will look superb once fully complete. Pete's Skipjack sought out potential targets in the depths of the lake and was continuing to work on his navigational skills.

Rob managed to dust-off and sail his Melbourne during his visit over from the east and Nigel sailed his ever reliable HMAS Toowoomba without any incidents.

A good day to be had by all.
Attachments
Pete's USS Skipjack
Pete's USS Skipjack
Nigel's HMAS Toowoomba
Nigel's HMAS Toowoomba
Rob with HMAS Melbourne
Rob with HMAS Melbourne
Glen's HMS Hermes with increasing embarked air detachment
Glen's HMS Hermes with increasing embarked air detachment
glenhowells
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: HMAS Derwent
HMAS Swan (building)
HMAS Tarakan (building)
HMS Hermes (Hull being built)

Re: Fleet Base Perth - Sail Day 12 August 2018

Post by glenhowells »

Hi all was a perfect day weather wise summery weather in winter. Pete caused us some concern as at times his Skip jack was completely submerged. So he nor the other skippers didn't know quite where she was slow speeds in the vicinity. I would have certainly sunk her if I hit her with Hermes she don't stop in a hurry. Was a good day had by all good to catch up with Rob as well.
Cheers Glen
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

It certainly was a perfect day Glen. Hermes with Sea Harriers and GR3's, as well as a Sea King or two and visiting Wessex HAS 3, Humphrey from Antrim, I presume?
Scorpion ventured out further than I have seen her before, and performed admirably, although a few shouts from Pete of "Do you see me", could of been replied to with "Do you see you"!
Melbourne (Great to see you Rob!) and Toowoomba meanwhile continued to patrol, Sammy taking the helm of F156 for the first time without incident....well done Sam!
We do still however continue to lament our Friend Serge, I am having to fly the flag single handedly for the 'Barefoot Winter Warriors', once shared. We miss you Mate!
Nige
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

Post by rritchie71 »

It was nice to be back guys, even if it was for only a little while. :(

Cheers

Robert
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Guys, I’m still getting used to following Scorpion. It was a bit of a scare to see how close she came to the skimmers. I’m thinking torpedos are a must.........now to open the doors. :hlp: :D
One day I will finish a ship.