USS John Paul Jones DDG53
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Bonython Park August 26

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

G'day All,

A Beautiful day for some model ship operations on Sunday at the pond!!

Great to see Justin along with MV Iron Dampier out for her first run at aTF72 day ! Her second time out running and now with water ballast system fitted which worked perfectly!! Nick Atkinson had his Mega huge mega Yacht down for first test run which showed some issues with the steering setup for his triple azipod drive..... Scratchbuilder supreme Graham Hamilton had a couple of models along including what appears to be a US Civil war era ship (Savannah I think???). The usual suspects turned up too Tom, Richard and the two Bobs...(Bob Philips and Robert Turnbull), Bruce Petrie and all WITHOUT MODELS!!!!!! :dots: :dots: :dots: :dots: :dots: :dots:

With models was Scott with FFG02 CANBERRA, Chris had his Coastguard cutter and Tug, Brenton had Parramatta(I) and Parramatta(III) along, Tony had HMAS Moresby and I had CGN9 LONG BEACH and DDG53 JOHN PAUL JONES

Apologies if I have forgotten anyone......Jim was off in Hawaii playing with Hurricanes.....

Pics by Bruce Petrie

Cheers Bruce B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
Attachments
Aug26 22.jpg
Aug26 21.jpg
Aug26 20.jpg
Aug26 19.jpg
Aug26 18.jpg
Aug26 17.jpg
Aug26 16.jpg
Aug26 15.jpg
Aug26 14.jpg
Aug26 13.jpg
Aug26 12.jpg
Aug26 11.jpg
Aug26 10.jpg
Aug26 9.jpg
Aug26 8.jpg
Aug26 7.jpg
Aug26 6.jpg
Aug26 5.jpg
Aug26 4.jpg
Aug26 3.jpg
Aug26 2.jpg
Aug26 1.jpg
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: USS Long Beach CGN9
USS California CGN36
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Re: Bonython Park August 26

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

Part 2 Some shots of some of the models out of the water....
Attachments
Aug26 40.jpg
Aug26 39.jpg
Aug26 38.jpg
Aug26 37.jpg
Aug26 36.jpg
Aug26 35.jpg
Aug26 34.jpg
Aug26 33.jpg
Aug26 32.jpg
Aug26 31.jpg
Aug26 30.jpg
Aug26 29.jpg
Aug26 28.jpg
Aug26 27.jpg
Aug26 26.jpg
Aug26 25.jpg
Aug26 24.jpg
Aug26 23.jpg
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

Nice Report Bruce, with great pics of some great models. The lake you Guys use looks brilliant, do you suffer from pond-weed or algae there at all?
I like the drive system for the pods on Nick's Mega-Yacht, very novel approach. It is always good to see how other people are so creative in their ideas. :tup:
Nige
Vanquish7
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: HMS-Visby
Guiseppe Garibaldi C551
IJNS Yamato

Post by Vanquish7 »

Excellent capture of your sail day mate, and great pics.
RussF172
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Hunter Central
My Ship Yard: USS WINSTON S. CHURCHILL (DDG-81)
HMAS HOBART (DDGH-39)
HMAS CANBERRA (LHD-02)
HMAS ADELAIDE (FFG-01 - 1990)
HMAS HUNTER (FFG-???)
HMAS ARUNTA (FFH-151)
HMAS BRISBANE (DDG-41) Perth Class Post Mod.
WRS RUSHCUTTER (A-51) Weapon Recovery/Training/Drone launch ship

Post by RussF172 »

Nice to see another SAVANNAH out there. Mine is long gone now as she was damaged a few years ago during moving. Also did another one for a couple in Atlanta, Georgia, USA whose Great-great Grandfather was a crew member of her in 1862.
Attachments
DSC00149lrg.jpg
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
USS California CGN36
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

littoralcombat wrote:Nice Report Bruce, with great pics of some great models. The lake you Guys use looks brilliant, do you suffer from pond-weed or algae there at all?
I like the drive system for the pods on Nick's Mega-Yacht, very novel approach. It is always good to see how other people are so creative in their ideas. :tup:
Nige

Biggest problems are rubbish, the walnut like fruit that drops of some of the trees at certain times of the year and the rampant duck poo everywhere... :crs: :crs: :crs: :crs: Its a good pond but I prefer something a bit bigger and deeper, Bonython Park is only about 3 foot deep at the iddle and a little shallower at sides which makes wake effects more pronounced.

Nick is still tinkering with his steering, he needs to increase the tension on the toothed belt....he is running a monster Trackstar 1/8 buggy servo 30.6g.cm torque.....required to turn all 3 pods at once!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: He is also working on a functioning fwd elevator for a little Bell Jetranger sized helicopter.

B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Hi B2, we have incoming poopers as well as water birds at our lake here in the West. I have only seen one ship hit from over head, but they do get close. We feel your pain. :no: :yes:
One day I will finish a ship.
BsHvyCgn9
Club Member
Club Member
USS California CGN36
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

Ahoythere wrote:Hi B2, we have incoming poopers as well as water birds at our lake here in the West. I have only seen one ship hit from over head, but they do get close. We feel your pain. :no: :yes:

a few years back I had a Seagull actually land on CGN9s Helo pad.... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I had her drifting out in the middle while speaking with someone and this gull just glides in and landed....So gave it a fright by going Full Throttle :lol: :lol:

Jim had Vampire's mast Damaged by an attack duck (think it was a duck from memory) once too......sometimes I wish for working 1/72 CIWS :ninj: :ninj:

Cheers Bruce B2 :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Having working CIWIS would be nice, even just the sound of rotating barrels. Can’t wait to get a working VLS on my Anzac. :gunsb:
One day I will finish a ship.