Skipper46
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Canberra
My Ship Yard: HMAS PARRAMATTA III, HMCS SNOWBERRY,

25/26 SEPTEMBER - EXPO 2010 - CANBERRA

Post by Skipper46 »

Calling Task Force 72 Members

This is to give you some more detail on the upcoming CMSS EXPO 2010 in Canberra on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 September 2010. Details are at http://www.canberramodelshipwrights.org ... =expo_2010. The 2009 EXPO achieved around 150 models, with the display being overall of very high quality. :taz:

In parallel with this static display EXPO, to which TF72 is invited, Fleet Base Canberra is organising two runs to make attendance at the EXPO by out of town TF72’ers more fun. :yes:

The CMSS EXPO venue is Mt Rogers school, while our run location is at Diddam’s Close about 5 minutes away by car. When you register, CMSS will send out assistance notes for accommodation and for activities to entertain you better halves.

Registration is on line or by post. Some TF72ers may come but may not want to go hard on their display ships until much closer to the event. CMSS thus seeks registration to advise possible attendance and the details of preferably one ship with an indication that other ships may be brought. :clap:

:boats: The TF72 runs will be held between 1330 and 1600 (Exhibitor social event at 1630), on the Saturday and 0930 and 1200 on the Sunday at Diddam's Close. Outside these times you are of course welcome to run your ships individually but those will be the TF72 gazetted times and are designed not to clash with key EXPO activities.

Any questions please contact me.

David Peterson :tup:
Skipper46
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Canberra
My Ship Yard: HMAS PARRAMATTA III, HMCS SNOWBERRY,

Re: 25/26 SEPTEMBER - EXPO 2010 - CANBERRA

Post by Skipper46 »

Its just on a month to go until this EXPO. :clap:

Havent seen TOO many TF72 registering yet and ask that if you intend to come that you please register online so that the organisers (me amongst others :yes:) can make the appropriate space and catering provision. Its easy and fun, :taz:

Cheers Dave P