SNR Member
Fleet Base: Non Club Member
My Ship Yard: Smit London
Fairmount Glacier
HMS Bittersweet
Kustwacht

FB Victoria Running Days 2012

Post by MartinBg »

FLEET BASE VICTORIA will be be conducting running days on the first Sunday of each month commencing at 9am at Albert Park Lake.

The dates for the first 5 months of 2012 are:
1/1/2012
5/2/2012
4/3/2012
1/4/2012
6/5/2012

The location is "Swan Picnic Area" and is located next to the Albert Sailing Club behind the new Bob Jane Stadium in Aquatic Drive. There is a trailer parking area between the sailing club and our location for unloading of models and ample parking area in Aquatic drive or Albert Road Drive for vehicles. A Gazebo, BBQ and amenities are located within the "Swan Picnic Area" and a cafe and restaurant just along from us in Aquatic Drive.

Regards
Martin Borg
Last edited by Anonymous on 09 Feb 2012 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
RussF172
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Hunter Central
My Ship Yard: USS WINSTON S. CHURCHILL (DDG-81)
HMAS HOBART (DDGH-39)
HMAS CANBERRA (LHD-02)
HMAS ADELAIDE (FFG-01 - 1990)
HMAS HUNTER (FFG-???)
HMAS ARUNTA (FFH-151)
HMAS BRISBANE (DDG-41) Perth Class Post Mod.
WRS RUSHCUTTER (A-51) Weapon Recovery/Training/Drone launch ship

Re: FB Victoria Running Days 2012

Post by RussF172 »

Hey guys, how did the run go today. Hope the weather was great for you? Any word on the March run with the Grand Prix etc? We may have Ewan McDonalds parents coming along to say hello so I would like to go down for it if possible.

Cheers,

Russ
MartinBg
SNR Member
SNR Member
Fleet Base: Non Club Member
My Ship Yard: Smit London
Fairmount Glacier
HMS Bittersweet
Kustwacht

Re: FB Victoria Running Days 2012

Post by MartinBg »

Hot, wild and windy in the afternoon. Though the weather was a bit off we still had a good turnout including Adrian and Pam from Loch Sport (3.15Hr drive). Many tourists in the morning ( we are starting to draw a regular crowd) armed with cameras including 2 prospective new members whom are very keen to join (APS Catalogue getting a good workout). The only drawback for the day was my Burke getting somewhat AIRBORNE and landing heavily on the props.

We have just received confirmation from Parks Victoria that we will have access to our FBV sailing location for the March 4 and April 1 sail days.

The Albert Park Lake precinct will be inaccessible from 12-18th of March for the Grand Prix, and as with last Sunday’s sail day you will notice a lot of installation and after the 18th dismantling of fences and grand stands, but this will not impact upon access for us or the public for our sailing.

Cheers,

Martin FBV