USS John Paul Jones DDG53
USS Saipan LHA2
USS Shark SSN591
USS Seawolf SSN21
USS Albany CG10

FB-GW: workshopNgasbagin

Post by BsHvyCgn9 »

G'day All,
Just got home from our bi-monthly workshop/meeting/gasbagging session with 85% of the lads.. We worked out our next sailday/pre Wagga test day for the 29th May and after the usual club stuff was discussed. We set about doing some yacking!
Scott had his Rpm tester and FFG shaft out of his box of bits for HMAS Canberra and showed us the results from his and Richee's motor testing of various motor's acquired from car blower/heater fan systems as compared 2 his spare Sagem and one of the short Can 900's Graham had purchased for a Burke class DDG, I brought along one of the long can Graupner 900BB torques out of CGN-9 and we hooked it up 2 the FFG shaft and did a test, unfortunately there was insufficient H2o in the Bucket for a conclusive loaded test as the water was being spun like a crazed washing machine and the prop was cavitating like a wild thing :crs: :crs: the entire contents of the bucket was being rotated by the big prop with barely a drop in rpm from the 900 :taz: :taz: :nuke: :nuke:
I'm sure Scott will post his research once his PC is functional...

Jim brought along his rescaled BB-63 plans for a sticky beak and that's gonna be a nice looking beasty. :tup:

TTFN B2 :nuke: :nuke: