Fleet Base Greater Sydney Xmas Run at Hubertus December 10th.

Club Event Discussion
MichaelB
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: HMS Cleopatra F28, HMS TARTAR F28

Fleet Base Greater Sydney Xmas Run at Hubertus December 10th.

Post by MichaelB »

A first for us, the Navy Arvo guys obtained permission from the Workers Blacktown Club for TF72 to run on the second Saturday of December followed by a Christmas Lunch up at the clubhouse. A good turnout, not sure how many as I stopped counting at 25, with all the usual suspects turning up as well as some members we rarely see.

Mike James ran his Forgacs Fincantieri Saettia II which was an Armidale competitor on trials and she went really well until a wire came loose. That gave me the excuse to give the rescue tug a run. Otherwise, it was an uneventful run on the water after which we headed to the clubhouse. We made a good bid to take over the café area by joining as many tables together as we could so there was a TF72 table.

As well as the run we had some entertainment watching the Battle Group guys start to set up while we were running before lunch and still setting up as we returned after lunch. I think we will stick to our method of turning up, getting a boat out and putting it into the water. Much more relaxing.

Photos by Craig Taylor, Mike James or me.
Attachments
by Craig Taylor (1).jpg
by Craig Taylor (5).jpg
by Craig Taylor (6).jpg
by Craig Taylor (7).jpg
Castle Class Chris Uttley Vendetta Phil Somerville by Craig Taylor (3).jpg
Forgacs Saettia Mike James by MB (1).JPG
Forgacs Saettia Mike James by MB (3).JPG
Glamorgan & Campion by Craig Taylor (2).jpg
Point Ledge Phil Chapman by MB (2).JPG
Point Ledge Phil Chapman by MB (4).JPG
Rescue Tug MB bringing home Mike James Forgac by Craig Taylor (4).jpg