Club Event Discussion
MichaelB
Life Member
Life Member
Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: HMS Cleopatra F28, HMS TARTAR F28

FBGS Run Penrith Lakes 22nd January 2017

Post by MichaelB »

An apprehensive start to the run this time as Penrith Lakes have changed their rules and we can only run until midday this year. The result being a 9:15 start. On top of that we were scheduled to have two other events running at the same time with one operating off the pontoon next to us. We weren’t sure what awaited us.

Instead of our usual pontoon, we were moved to an alternative one around the corner which turned out to be quite handy. For a start there is shade there and a left over from the pre Christmas long distance (10 kilometres) swimming races was still in place. The feeding platform was attached to the pontoon giving us some nice shelter. Apparently the long distance swimmers have to stay in the water to be fed.

The feeding platform meant you could launch to the right and have calm water or left for some fun waves. A surprise was the venue management turning up and putting up a marquee on the pontoon for us to keep out of the sun.

The regular half dozen turned up with a mixture of models. Chris Uttley brought his father’s BIG trawler along for trials but due to battery issues it decided not to proceed. The Phils were there too along with me.

Few photos I’m afraid as I was too busy enjoying myself and watching people walk on water.
Attachments
Venue.jpg
Flowers 1.jpg
Chris Trawler.jpg
Walking on water.jpg
What goes up.jpg
Must come down.jpg