FPB sail day 4th June 2017

Club Event Discussion
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

FPB sail day 4th June 2017

Post by rritchie71 »

Some shots and a quick video of a great day of sailing in Perth. Great weather, seven ships between 9 members and OOW maneuvers, sorry for the lack of video during maneuvers, to busy trying to stay out of trouble....... :yes:

Attachments
Sailing
Sailing
Guys having a chat
Guys having a chat
USS Missouri being prepared
USS Missouri being prepared
Hermes sets sail early in the morning
Hermes sets sail early in the morning
Anchorage
Anchorage
scott154
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: HMAS Parramatta 154(under construction), USS Scott 995(under construction), HMAS Canberra 02, HMAS Glenelg 96, HMS Active 171(under construction),Giuseppe Garibaldi 551( under construction), HMAS Sydney 42.

Re: FPB sail day 4th June 2017

Post by scott154 »

What beautiful looking day you guys had for sailing, I love seeing Perth's sailing lakes it makes us very jealous. Sound like a broken record but would love to have that space to sail. Scott :boats: :boats:
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

We ARE very lucky Scott, the lake can occasionally be prone to weed, Black Swans and Turtles, we even had a Golden Retriever once, swimming up and down chasing the water fowl to little effect. (think he had the Dog Watch :lol1: ) Cafe and clean Heads but a stones throw away. Overall, a great location.
Of course, the icing on the cake is the company of a Great bunch of Blokes with a common interest, enjoying a hobby we love. :tup:

Nige
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

You forgot to mention the clarity of the water, Nige. Great for sailing (losing) subs every now and again.
One day I will finish a ship.