Club Event Discussion
SergeSera
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Currently building HMS Brilliant F90,
Ardent F184 commissioned.

Sail Day Fleet Base Perth

Post by SergeSera »

Good Evening All,

Here in Perth we had a great day sailing today.

The morning started with very dark and cold but dry, previous day there was heavy rain and stormy.

The Jackadder Lake was picture card perfect flat water - no wind/breeze - perfect sailing conditions.

Ships muster were Peter the Great - skipper Rob, Manchester - skipper Andrew, Tug Imara- Skipper Bob and the ever reliable Toowoomba - skipper Nige, with Scorpion (sub) skipper Pete

Absentees - Ardent - in dry dock with unlocated major water ingress, and Arrow large hole in focsle where 4.5inch turret should be - very frustrating for both skippers considering the conditions.http://taskforce72.org/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=2#

The theme or focus for the days sailing was "Where is she" the Scorpion sub that is. Pete has had issues in the past, today he was able to show us what a sub that is working well looks like, at one stage Pete had the Scorpion running at periscope depth, no conning tower to be seen it was fantastic. The skippers of the surface fleet were rather nervous when approaching the subs working area as they did not know where she was unless you spotted the periscopes - Brilliant Pete.

A couple of the lads are now thinking about adding submarines to the future builds - I know I am

Till next time enjoy the photos
Good sailing

Serge
Attachments
Scorpion "hunting at periscope depth"
Scorpion "hunting at periscope depth"
Scorpion "nearly fully dived"
Scorpion "nearly fully dived"
Scorpion "Diving"
Scorpion "Diving"
Scorpion resting on the surface
Scorpion resting on the surface
Manchester enjoying the conditions
Manchester enjoying the conditions
Toowoomba "searching for Scorpion"
Toowoomba "searching for Scorpion"
The tug "Imara" at speed
The tug "Imara" at speed
The Majestic - Peter the Great
The Majestic - Peter the Great
rritchie71
Committee
Committee
My Ship Yard: HMAS Adelaide (LHD), USS Roosevelt, USS Anzio, RFS Peter the Great, Scharnhorst, HMAS Melbourne, HMAS Sydney (AWD), ITS Carlo Bergamini, HNLMS Evertsen, HMS Middelton, HMS Severn, RFS Arkangelsk, Fairplay 30, Normand Master, Fure West

Re: Sail Day Fleet Base Perth

Post by rritchie71 »

Hi Serge, great stuff. I need to get Arkhangelsk (typhoon) back into commission, give Pete something to hunt with Scorpion...:)

Cheers

Robert
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Time to arm torpedos........ :gunsb:
One day I will finish a ship.
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

I wouldn't be so Cocky Capt Pawlette, we could always just say, "Sorry Pete, honest to God, I didn't see it". 8-)
Ahoythere
Club Member
Club Member
My Ship Yard: FFG04 HMAS Darwin, LCH130 HMAS Wewak, USNS Hiddensee, USS Constellation, HMAS Anzac, USS Scorpion

Post by Ahoythere »

Be watching, will I. Skimmers are meant to be sunk, arrrr. :D
One day I will finish a ship.