Twin rudder linking

General Discussion and Questions regarding TF72 and Ship Modelling
RAAFieChappie
Forum Member
Forum Member
Fleet Base: Non Club Member
My Ship Yard: Bankert tug (Billings kit)

Twin rudder linking

Post by RAAFieChappie »

Can anybody suggest a way of linking twin rudders to a single servo please? The rudder post are threaded 4mm brass.
Attachments
Twin-rudders.jpg
MikeJames
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: RAN DDL HMAS Kokoda
Australian Coast Guard cutter Nemesis
RAN FCPB HMAS Wollongong
German SAR Launch DGzRS Berln
SS Geest Atlas (Building)

Re: Twin rudder linking

Post by MikeJames »

Fit the rudder servo arms, one to each rudder post, facing out towards the models sides.

At the servo end you should get the standard cross shaped servo arm and fit it to the servo, then connect the ends of the cross to the rudder servo arm on that side.

That way each rudder is directly connected to the servo by its own dedicated linkage.

THat's pretty standard fit out.

Imagine this image, but rather than the rudder servo arms pointing in, which you don't have room for, they are facing out towards the ships sides.

You will have to use different lengths of linkage to account for the fact that your servo is off to one side, but that should work.

Alternatively, google model boat servo arms or model boat servo linkages and then click on the images tab, you will see plenty of different methods for achieving the goal. Perhaps one of those might be more suited.

Mike
RAAFieChappie
Forum Member
Forum Member
Fleet Base: Non Club Member
My Ship Yard: Bankert tug (Billings kit)

Re: Twin rudder linking

Post by RAAFieChappie »

Thanks Mike, I'll give this a go. I'll move the servo if necessary (& if possible).

Paul