Sub Regatta 2013- Central Coast - 5-6 October 2013

SlatsSSN
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: Fleet - in service and under construction

Submarines:
HMS Talent S92 - Trafalgar Class SSN (James Slater)
USS Columbus 762 - Improved LA Class 688i

Merchants:
SMIT Japan Harbour Tug - (James Slater).
Vivienne Venezia - Harbour Tug.

Warships: (Under construction) -
HMAS Anzac -150 FFH (2007)
HMCS Forest Hill -K486 Flower Class Corvette
HMAS Stuart DE48 (James Slater)
HMS Cavalier D73
HMCS Fraser DDH233

Sub Regatta 2013- Central Coast - 5-6 October 2013

Post by SlatsSSN »

A quick announcement to let interested parties know. Planning for the next Sub Regatta on the Central Coast is well under way.
As per last time, this is not a TF72 event, but I am posting it here for individual members who may like to come along.

Given that the new QLD Premier has realigned some of the QLD public holidays with other states, the date we have is the long weekend in October.
(5-6 October 2013). Weather should be warmer than our first regatta at that location in 2011 held over the June long weekend.

This location is simply the best facility I have ever sailed a sub at. A 50m heated olympic pool to ourselves, with absolutely no signal drop outs at any point or depth. Canteen and toilet facilities on site, as is a covered elevated grandstand, which proved very useful for the last day of the Regatta in 2011 when monsoonal rain was kept off all operators and spectators and a full day's sailing went ahead with no disruptions.

The event is generously sponsored, supported, insured, and hosted by Triple S MBC.
As per last time, the use of non explosive torpedoes and VLS systems, have been approved by the insurers, local Government, and pool management.

Registration details for individual participants and further event information will be made available when we get these closer to hand.

He who dies with the most toys, just dies...you can't take it with you.