Fleet Base: Sydney
My Ship Yard: RAN DDL HMAS Kokoda
Australian Coast Guard cutter Nemesis
RAN FCPB HMAS Wollongong
German SAR Launch DGzRS Berln
SS Geest Atlas (Building)

HMAS Anzac future

Post by MikeJames »

Staff at the Henderson facility in Western Australia have been briefed that HMAS Anzac will pay off in either December this year, or slightly more likely, quarter 1 of next year.

This will save the Government $$ which would have been spent on the TransCAP upgrade that all of the Anzacs are supposed to go through, which includes replacing the Harpoons with Naval Strike Missiles, replacing the SRBOC chaff launchers with the new MASS decoy system and a range of other less obvious upgrades.

Paying her off will free up crew for deployment to other ships.

It also makes a mockery of the Federal Government's supposed 'short, sharp' future fleet review, which was supposed to deliver its finding by September or October, but which has been further delayed until sometime around March new year.

It appears likely that the RAN will not only not get any new warships before 2030 (the Arafura's don't count, being basically larger patrol boats), but in fact the surface fleet will shrink even further. Don't forget that at least 6 more Armidale's are destined to leave the fleet in the next year or so, and they won't be replaced by Arafura's at anything like the same rate.

There are also persistent rumours that the long term future of the Arafura's is to swap Navy grey for Australian Border Force blue in the next decade.

We shall see.

Mike
Steventico
Web Member
Web Member
Fleet Base: None
My Ship Yard: ALL 72 SCALE HMS ARK ROYAL [INVINCIBLE CLASS] USS PORT ROYAL USS MCLUSKY HMS EDINBURGH HMS NOTTINGHAM HMS SUTHERLAND HMS BATTLEAXE HMCS TORONTO HMCS ARTHBAKAN HMCS HALIFAX [FELEX UPGRADED] HMAS ANZAC F150
NEW AWD HMAS BRISBANE UNDER CONSTRUCTION BREMEN CLASS FRIGATE HMS CUMBERLAND HMS BLACK ROVER

Re: HMAS Anzac future

Post by Steventico »

Hi Guys

It looks like Royal Australian navy and your Government have caught the same infection that has plagued the UK Goverment and the Royal Navy
By pay off urgently needed warships way to early

Cheers
Stevie
littoralcombat
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Perth
My Ship Yard: Building HMS Leeds Castle P258, HMS Bristol D23, HMS Broadsword F88, Forward Planning for HMS Invincible R05

Post by littoralcombat »

SlatsSSN
Club Member
Club Member
Fleet Base: Gulf Waters
My Ship Yard: Fleet - in service and under construction

Submarines:
HMS Talent S92 - Trafalgar Class SSN (James Slater)
USS Columbus 762 - Improved LA Class 688i

Merchants:
SMIT Japan Harbour Tug - (James Slater).
Vivienne Venezia - Harbour Tug.

Warships: (Under construction) -
HMAS Anzac -150 FFH (2007)
HMCS Forest Hill -K486 Flower Class Corvette
HMAS Stuart DE48 (James Slater)
HMS Cavalier D73
HMCS Fraser DDH233

Post by SlatsSSN »

:stupid: no words
He who dies with the most toys, just dies...you can't take it with you.